Bingo Stereotypes

Bingo is often associated with old women playing in their spare time but that stereotype couldn’t be further from the truth.

In fact, according to Mintel, bingo is the most popular group leisure activity in the UK and the second most popular individual leisure activity. And it is the most popular leisure activity for women aged between 20 and 25 years old.

While other studies suggest that there approximately 100 million Bingo players worldwide and 80 per cent of those players are women between the ages of 30 and 50. As for the other 20 per cent, well they are men in the same age range.

So it is clearly a game for all age groups, not just older people. In fact studies show that the majority of online bingo players are stay at home mums, as the game is not just about winning but also has a huge social aspect to it, with chat rooms and interactivity key parts of the online bingo world.

The thing about online bingo is that it appeals to novices and seasoned pros alike and with the addition of chat features the social aspect of the bingo hall has been brought online, so that people can bond with other players and socialise while playing bingo.

And of course with the internet it makes it easier to play it from the comfort of your own home and you can play when and where you want. Therefore, this has brought bingo into the 21st century and has broadened its appeal to a wider audience.

It can be hard to get down to a bingo hall and play the game there but with the internet anyone can play when they want opening it up to a diverse and wide audience.

The stereotype of old women going down the bingo hall should definitely be changed as so many people are now playing bingo online, in fact your neighbours and friends are probably online bingo fans too, as the game grows in popularity. Check Bingo Winner for the latest amazing online offers available!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Poker Tips

If you are looking for a game that offers the best possible odds and the most significant edge, you should get to know online Texas Holdem. At you get instant access to hundreds of free poker strategy articles for players of all skill levels.